- Improvement in mental health
- The opportunity to make new friends
- Helpful, understanding staff and volunteers
- A chance to learn new skills and increase your gardening knowledge
- Healthy home-grown food, with the opportunity to help cook and learn new recipes
- Year round projects, such as art and photography courses
- Help to arrange transport, if you need it
The cost for each three hour session is £40.
The session consists of meeting over a hot drink to decided what to do and then getting involved in gardening (as energetic or light as suits you); planning and cooking lunch for the group from the organic fruit and veg we grow; varied arts and crafts activities; occasional trips out (local countryside, cafes, garden centres etc.)
We can provide gloves, gardening boots, waterproofs and tools.
We welcome up to 12 people per session and have a minimum of 3 staff (plus volunteers) supporting each session.
You can work independently, with one to one support as part of small groups. You might want to come for just a few weeks or several months – depending on what works for you.
We will phone you to remind you about the session each week and organise transport if you wish.