Friends of SAGE
Your membership will help us to continue to promote the mental and physical well-being of adults experiencing mental health problems via the provision of creative therapeutic activities
Your membership will help us:
- Continue to run our current projects
- Support staff and volunteers
- Cover core operating activities & costs
- Generate other income and support fundraising activities
- Develop new projects
Our current projects include:
SAGE Singing Through the Seasons
Friends and Food
All our projects also provide:
- Improvements in mental health
- The opportunity to meet people and make new friends
- Support from understanding staff and volunteers (many with lived experience of mental health issues)
- Year-round activities such as art & crafts
Routes to membership:
Volunteering with us
- For anyone volunteering their time at SAGE in any role
- There is no minimum amount of time required just that you have been active in the last 12 months.
- For anyone donating money or resources to SAGE
- There is no minimum donation, you can support us with any amount you can.
- Regular amounts each month make it easier for us to forecast but one-off donations are great as well.
- You can allocate your donations to a specific project or let us use them where the need is greatest.
What does my money support?
Like many charities we do not receive any Government funding for the services we offer. We are supported by a variety of funders and trusts.
68% of donations go directly towards project costs with the remaining covering charity operating costs.
Your one off or monthly donations are critical to enabling us to continue in the future.
- £5 Buy seeds and bulbs for the gardening group
- £10 Cover the cost of an allotment for two weeks
- £20 Hire a room for an hour for the singing group
- £50 Cover travel costs of a volunteer for 10 sessions, or refreshments for the choir for 1 term
- £100 Cover project worker costs for three weeks
We can also claim Gift Aid if you are a UK Tax payer which gives us an extra 20% for no extra cost to yourself.